Established in 2017, ECCCI is a coalition of energy/climate/infrastructure town committee representatives from the Cape and Islands municipalities who share committee goals, initiatives, progress, challenges and best practices. The entity meets twice a year. Meetings are co-sponsored by the Cape Light Compact, the Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative and the Cape & Vineyard Electric Cooperative. The Cape Cod Commission is also a regular contributor to the meetings.
The next ECCCI meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 22nd 2023, 4:30 – 6:00. It will be a hybrid meeting with optional in-person attendance (with pizza!). The link for the meeting will be posted here. Carpooling will be available.
https://youtu.be/ToPs8MgknosThe video of the recent September 2022 meeting can be viewed by clicking here: https://youtu.be/ToPs8Mgknos
The September 2022 meeting yielded the same 3 action items of common interest as was yielded by the July 2022 meeting, with Region-wide approval of the Specialized Building Code highlighted. Adopting the Specialized Building Code is comparable to the action taken by West Tisbury in adopting similar code items through home rule petition. For more info on each item, click on the item listed below:
- Adopt the new Specialized Building Code wherein energy self sufficiency is mandatory for new construction as well as EV charging ports.
- Present the report from the Cape Cod Commission on economic losses to be expected from climate change impacts.
- Leverage the opportunity for electric school buses through the Cape Cod Collaborative or other agency.
The following are informational materials. Click on the title and the document will open or you will visit the associated website.
New items are in red:
- Boston Globe article on Massachusetts Climate Bill signed into law in August 2022
- AP press release on the 2022 Federal Inflation Reduction Act (Climate Change and Health Care Bill)
- Common Definitions related to energy and agencies
- Website for Green Communities grant program
- Presentation from New England States entitled “Engage with New England Energy” – Electric grid terms and relationships explained
- Chart of Electric Vehicle and Charging Station Incentives (as of end December 2021)
- Cape Cod Tech Council Powerpoint for EV Calculations -2021
- Websites relative to electric vehicle integration:
- Summary of The Climate Road Map Bill of 2021
- Cape Cod Commission Climate Action Plan
- Martha’s Vineyard Climate Action Plan
- CMR 225 – The Mass SMART Incentive Program
The following is a table tracking achievements of the ECCCI towns (i.e., Green Communities, EV adoption, PV integration, etc.) :
- Compiled Reports from Towns as of July 2022
The following are the notes from and the recordings of ECCCI meetings:
- Meeting Recording July 7, 2022 July 7, 2022
- Meeting Notes Nov 4, 2021
- Audio only Recording of Nov 4, 2021 Meeting
- Meeting Notes July 22, 2021
- Recording of July 22, 2021 Meeting
- Recording of December 10, 2020 Meeting
The following is a special report resulting from the December 10, 2020 meeting. The meeting included agencies involved with climate and energy issues as well as ECCCI committees:
Sample Town Bylaws from Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative and Cape Cod Commission:
- Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative sample bylaws:
- Cape Cod Commission Model Large Scale Solar Bylaw